BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 30, 2007

Shattered Sunday

We are still trying to come to grips with the passing of our friend Oscar. I am very sad and mopey.

Stewy isn't in the mood for fun today either.
Ozzy the youngest of our group volunteered to blog today. He has a show and tell, OR should I say a show and tattle-tale.
Hi everypup, it's me Ozzy.

My hooman sister J-I has something called an armadillo lizard. She keeps the spiky creature named Maynard in an aquarium and feeds him poor little crickets. I like to sit in front of the aquarium at night and listen to the cricket's sing, Mum catches me in J-I's bedroom intently looking into the tank. Last weekend J-I asked Mum to keep an eye on Maynard while she was away for a few days. I volunteered to help and I was quite serious about my duties. J-I moved the tank into our living room so it would be easy for Mum and I to keep watch over Maynard.

Ahem... I hate to tell on Mum but she is a bit of a rough-houser. Sunday evening Mum yelled out "where's your ball, where's your ball"? How can a dog resist? I brought her Nugget's Cuz and we played fetch. Mum would bounce the ball from the kitchen off the wall in the dining room into the living room, and I would bring it back. It was all good fun until -crash! Somehow the women with a non-existent throwing arm managed to bounce that ball straight into the lizard's aquarium. Poor Maynard was not hurt, but I know he must have been terrified as he tried to become one with his little log house.

We were able to buy a new tank even though it was past 11pm; thank Dogness for the 24/7 Wal-Mart. J-I has since put Maynard back in her room, and Mum has been asked to roll balls in the house from now on -The fish sitting on our kitchen table is ever-so grateful.

I hope this doesn't hurt my chances of lizard sitting in the future.

12 Wags:

Headgirl said...

What a laughing treat Ozzie is!
We all need some light relief after the sad Oscar W/E...

Best wishes & pats to all
Blue

Joe Stains said...

YIKES I bet Maynard was SCARED! Can lizards pee their pants? Clearly you are not to blame, though!

Molly the Airedale said...

Is Maynard friendly? Can you play with him Ozzy? I think I'd be scared of him!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi guys
An armadillo lizard? Does it roll up into a ball? Sounds like a fun pet. I bet he got a bit of a fright.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

Lizzy said...

Haha that was a funny post. I enjoyed reading it.

Sparky

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

That was soooooooooo funny! Poor Maynard though!

love and licks Marv xxxx

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hey Ozzy, nice to see you blogging. I think you're a great lizard sitter

~ girl girl

Anonymous said...

Nice lizard tank!

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

We hope you are feeling happier.

We have updated oscar's blog today with some ideas for remembering him.

Katy & Martin x

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Nugget,
We saw on the internet that a new movie is opening in the US today called "Underdog". And the star is a beagle!! That film probably won't make it to the big screen here but dad says he will get it on blue ray disk as soon as he can. I think we have every movie that has a beagle in it!
Hope you guys are feeling better.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i think 'that woman' had such a strong arm 2 inflict that damage...

i hope Cruz is alright..

Nugget said...

Jazz & Dixie, An armadillo lizard dosn't roll in a ball. I'll try and remember to post a picture. As for Underdog.. it is definatly a must see!
Licks,
Nugget