BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Nugget Speaks Out

I am very upset! I would use stronger words, however this is a family site. Many of you may already have heard the news of tainted pet food in North America. There is a massive recall covering as many as 51 dog food brands and 40 brands of cat food, covering 60 million cans and pouches of possibly tainted food. A federal investigation is focusing on wheat gluten as the likely source, and testing continues. This is where I have a problem. In testing, the manufacturer fed its product to 40-50 dogs and cats resulting in 7 deaths. What? How would you hoomans like it if the tables were turned. Would a bread manufacture line up 50 hoomans to eat toast if there was a possible wheat gluten problem in your food? I don't think so!

For more information visit: www.menufoods.com/recall The company designated two phone numbers for pet owners to call: 866-463-6738 & 866-895-2708.
The Seattle PI article: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/308221_petfoodrecall20.html

Fortunately my food is not included in the listed brands. However just to be on the safe side I have requested that Mum feed me peanut butter only for a couple of months.


Yum! Peanut Buttery goodness. I snuck this jar from Dad, and Mum thought he gave it to me. HeHeHe... Ozzy and Stewy were outside sunning. Mum says this is why I am not loosing weight.


Peanut buttery licks, Nugget

8 Wags:

Fu Fu said...

Hey Nugget, you score big with that jar of peanut butter. It sure looks yummy. :)

~ fufu

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Excellent photos! I LOVE peanut butter too!

It's so scary about the pet food in the US. I am doubly glad mum started feeding me home made stuff now.

Licks
Oscar x

Molly the Airedale said...

ohhhhhhhhhh peanut butter sounds like an awesome idea! I must ask mom if this could work for me too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Nugget,
We checked the recalled food products and were relieved to find our food not on the list. We too were saddened by the fact that they tested the bad food on dogs and that some of them died. What were those people thinking????
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

P.S. How did you manage to wangle a whole jar of peanut butter. Is it good? Sure looks like it from those great pics.

Sparky said...

Nugget,

I have my very own jar of skippy too - but I never get to hold it all by myself. It's the bestest food thing ever!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooh I will have to give this peanut butter a try! Jeannie eats it, but she never lets me have a lick out of the jar like you do! Lucky Nugget!

love and licks Marv xxxxx

Anonymous said...

MMmmMmMM......peanut butter.... i would only give Pearly some along with her interceptor..... :P you lucky pup...ehehee

Joe Stains said...

yummmmmmm you are so lucky!!!