BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Smaller Collar?


It's no secret Nugget and I both need to lose a few pounds. My doctor has just put me on a 1400 calorie a day diet. I've decided Miss Nugget needs to follow along. One of my concerns is her treats, she should still be allowed a few now and again. I found the receipe below and will give it a try this weekend!

Healthy Dog Biscuits

Ingredients:

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup chicken or turkey broth
1/2 cup dry milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 egg
3 cups whole-wheat flour
Dog bone shape cookie cutter-If you can find one

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients except flour in a large bowl and mix well. Blend in the flour one-half cup at a time, mixing well until a nice dough is formed. Knead the dough and roll out thin. Cut out dog bones in whatever size you want.

Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off, but leave dog biscuits in for three more hours so they can get good and crunchy; perfect for healthy teeth.

1 Wags:

Shelli Martineau said...

Poor Nuggy.. No doggy should have to face the dreaded diet!